Subject: Re: [Leica] Chrome M4 made in Canada
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:55:20 +0100

Lager (p. 228, vol. I) appears to support your assumption about the number of
chrome M4s with Canada engraving. According to the Leica Price Guide a
black-chrome M4 with such engraving is worth $2800, so a chrome one I guess
would fetch considerably more. This is the kind of find I hope to make when I
scour the local junk markets ;-)

Nathan

SML wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Some souces say that 100 of the chrome M4 were made in Canada with Canada
> engraving.  I thought that only some black chrome M4's were made in Canada
> with Canada engraving later in 1972.  If it is true about the 100 Canada
> chrome M4, it must be very rare and sought after and expensive, maybe rarer
> than the Reporter or M4M.  Is my assumption true?  Would it fetch close to
> $10 grand as the Reporter does?
>
> Best Regards,
> David

- --