Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA black paint vs. Millennium
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:06:04 EST

In a message dated 1/14/00 8:07:34 PM, odyssey@spectra.net writes:

<< I may be in the minority, and I rarely post here, but it seems to me that
TTL flash metering in a RF Leica is really dumb.  Sorta like a turbo-diesel
(read 'go-stop') car........;->

Seems like a tremendous advantage to me. Assuming that the Leica rangefinder
photographer is probably less likely to use flash than your average SLR user
it stands to reason that when the M photographer is forced to use flash he
would prefer to use as LITTLE flash as possible. TTL metering allows auto
flash exposure at any aperture. Presumedly that would include very wide open
apertures thus allowing the use of just the slightest amount of flash to fill
in shadows or raise contrast just a bit . . .

Bob (do you know my friend Phil, Phil Flash that is) McEowen