Subject: Re: [Leica] Prescription lens for eyepieces
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:03:18 -0500

As far as I know, there are two possible solutions.  Just accept that your
eyeglass lens will be damaged from camera use, and be prepared to replace it
from time to time.  If you have premium lenses, consider a cheaper pair for
shooting sessions.  Or......remove your eyeglasses and rely on a correction
eyepiece  when shooting.  If your visual loss  is not extreme, the
correction diopter is an attractive choice, but with poorer vision, it can
be a nuisance to remove your glasses for focusing and framing, only to find
that you can't see anything else, such as camera settings, unless you put
your eyeglasses back on again.  I'm in that latter category and really
appreciate the R8, which allows me to shoot with my eyeglasses on, while
still seeing almost all of the viewfinder image and readout.

Hope this helps...........Julian