Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:LHSA BP
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:23:38 EST

They will be TTL cameras, although when the project began they were to be
regular M6's based on the Titanium camera since this was the only camera with
the brass top plate.  Well, for various reasons, the units we had reserved
went into the "150 years of optics" special issue.  Hence, we had to go to
the TTL camera.
The LHSA camera will have the regular M6 crank and apart from different
engravings and a chrome surround for the shutter release, will not be
different functionally from a normal TTL.  This camera is made to be used, so
we didn't want to hamper usability with a step backward like the M3 style
rewind knob.
One thing different from the normal TTL is the tactile feel.  No M camera
ever felt so good in your hands.  Maybe it has something to do with the brass
top plate.  A much better material than cast zinc!  The brass top plate is
thicker than the old ones (M2,M3,M4) and is CNC milled from solid stock.  You
should see the bare top plate, absolutely beautiful!
BTW, Tom A is preparing matching rapidwinders in gloss black finish.  Imagine
a black Leica MP with a meter and TTL flash control!  M user nirvana!

Bill Rosauer