Subject: [Leica] Re: A more interesting question
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:18:34 -0500

When I mentioned some people criticizing HCB's portrait work, I hope that I
didn't infer that I feel the same way. As you said, the Capote is brilliant,
and so too from memory I can think of his portraits of Henri Matisse and
William Faulkner as classics. Formal portraiture obviously wasn't his
oeuvre, but then that's not my bag either. HCB captured them as I would have
wanted.
DGF PHOTOGRAPHY
http://home.golden.net/~tekapo