Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Battery for M6
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:28:33 -0800

Not really. I usually carry a lithium (3 volt) as a spare, as they have a
longer shelf life than the (1.5 volt) silver oxides. Lithiums are supposed
to work better in cold weather, but I've only found that to be true for the
lithium "D" cell I use in a headlamp. Also, when lithiums finally are
exhausted, their performance drops like a set of car keys--silver oxides and
alkaline cells' performance just kind of taper off.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.