Subject: Re: [Leica] A more interesting question
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:42:43 -0800

Irving Penn has not been discussed that I recall here on the lug, or the rug or
the hug for that matter!
A master photographer and printer.
I think I would have to say THE master photographer and printer.
Some would say Avedon but the last time he was in a darkroom it might have been
to teach Fred Astair and Audrey Hepburn some tech help on dancing in the darkroom.
But Penn a Rolleiflex kinda guy or 8x10 sheet film for platinum prints and no
stranger to the darkroom
Not much hand held work I don't think if any.
If I ever do any images that approach his quality and imagination, energy, art
and craft I am happy.
Mark Rabiner