Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Leica Camera of the century? Why!
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:05:32 EST

My own thinking while working at a camera shop in the early 80s was that
cameras became as simple as they needed to be for the average Joe about the
time of the Spotmatic. You had full aperture viewing and a match needle
meter. I mean what more could you want? I figured everything after that was
just an attempt to get those remaining folks who thought they couldn't
operate a camera to step forward. The auto exposure cameras got the next wave
and then the program exposure jobs came in to mop up. I figured everyone was
about covered then. How was I supposed to anticipate the EOS crowd? Funny
thing is, will all the improvements, it's now harder to show someone how to
use a camera today than it was with a Spotmatic . . . Of course, the M3 still
ranks as the simplest of all . . .

Bob (can argue with progress) McEowen