Subject: [Leica] Re: Summarex on Viso
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:52:58 +1300

At 11:40 AM 1/5/2000 -0000, Simon Pulman-Jones wrote:

>My question is this - the lens head of the Summarex unscrews behind the
>aperture ring making me wonder whether it can be fitted to one of the
>focusing mounts for the viso - such as the ZOOEP for the 90 Summicron.

Hi Simon,

I took a look at Matheson's take on the Summarex. For what it's worth
he says that "Its function has now been taken over by the 90mm.
Summicron Ÿ2, which is slightly slower but more versatile, since it
can be used with the reflex housing, etc."

Now that i've said that. Prove him wrong, it could be fun!

All the best,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University