Subject: Re: [Leica] What to bring to Hawaii
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:45:44 -0800

ryuen@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning a trip to Maui and Kauai this June, and I'm trying to
> decide what is more appropiate to bring on the trip. It will be either
> an M6 with 35mm and 50mm lens or a Canon EOS1n with a 28-70 and 70-200
> lens. I really don't want to be overloaded and burdened by heavy
> equipment, but on the other hand I want to make sure that I have enough
> coverage for more situations. I'm also thinking about adding either a
> 21mm or 90mm to the Leica package.
>
> TIA,
> -Ray

I don't like being overloaded either. I would leave the Canon but get a
21mm for the M. Get it now and start using it, you need to learn how to
make it sing for you before you arrive in the Islands.

21/35/50mm great outfit for there.

IMO the 200mm on your Canon is too short for most wildlife or other ops
that call for a long lens there.

Have a great trip and learn a bit of the history of the Hawai'ian
islands as well as taking photos.

Dennis