Subject: [Leica] Chopperpods
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:00:34 +0000

SNIP
<Lets face it, tripods are useless in helicopters>

snip--------
You're entitled to your point of view and I'm entitled to mine
<<<<

Meaning, you'll damn well take your tripod in a helicopter if you feel
like it??

A former boss of mine tells a fine story about photographing from a
police chopper in restricted White House airspace, when the chopper was
called to join a ground chase. It was cowboy flying, between office
buildings and everything. He kept shooting the whole time, but he said
it was all his assistant could do to reload the Hasselblad backs and
still keep the equipment cases from pitching out into the blue. When
they eventually landed, he was so zapped out on adrenaline he crumpled
to the ground and couldn't stand up again for several minutes!

Somehow I really don't think a tripod would have been exactly the right
piece of gear...<vbg!>

- --Mike