Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Black Paint M6
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:04:34 +0100

"Paul T. Collura" wrote:

> 1) Leica Solms black paint M6 - $2995.00.  Rip off in my opinion. If the finish is
> the same as the prototype LHSA shown at Schamburg the black paint finish is
> unacceptably poor in quality.  As these are at dealers already, can anyone report on
> the quality of the finish?

Paul,

I've seen the prototype LHSA shown at Schamburg and the new
Solms black paint Millennium M6.
The later is much better but still not like a real M3/2/4
black paint.
Maybe because the paint is too perfect, too new
(not like Shintaro's works I've seen at Schamburg also).
<http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/shintaro.htm>
And maybe also because the corners and edges of the top
plate are to sharp.

But in itself the M6 Millennium is really a nice camera.
(save the red dot)
<http://www.leica-camera.com/news/specials/m6black_e.htm>

And I don't think that the price is so high.
But in Belgium 120.000 BF (VAT 21% included) (or $3.000 or
Euro) is only 20% more than a M6TTL.
For a short run of 2000 cameras with special top plate and
rewind lever it's not to much.
In a way, I'm surprised it's not more expensive.
;-)

Lucien