Subject: Re: [Leica] Black paint M6HM?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 17:54:55 -0700

on 9/1/00 2:48 pm, Mikiro at arbos@silva.net wrote:

> I just heard that a dealer in Japan will sell 200 black paint M6s with 0.85x
> viewfinders (and with numbers engraved on the back).  If I asked, would
> Leica make another batch of 100 bodies for me? ;-)

Judging by an Austrian Leica dealer's special M6 with RED leather body
covering, I think Leica would do anything if you pay them enough! I always
imagined a sealed off section of the factory with people in decontamination
suits and special protective visors when those puppies were assembled. I bet
Leica lost money on every body as they forgot to take in account all the
counseling the workers would require afterwards.
Or maybe not.

John Collier