Subject: [Leica] Re: "rare" Leica lens
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 14:21:34 +0000

The poster of the "rare" 40/2 Summicron-C on eBay responded to my
inquiry as follows:

Hi Mike:

I was in error on the lens.  Actually, I was "educated" by several
Leicaphiles before you!
This was one I hadn't seen or heard of.  Anyway, I cancelled the auction
and
advised all bidders of my "error."  Then I started a new auction with an

appropriate description and minimum bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=233879459

Thanks for the tip, though.  I don't know it all and I guess when it
comes
to Leicas I don't know as much as I thought I did  : - )

I will never knowingly mislead anyone.

Jim
<<<<<

So at least that one guy appears to be on the up-and-up...

- --Mike