Subject: [Leica] "Rare"
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 13:27:45 +0000

>>>You know I would not have believed it if I had not seen it myself.
Some
clown is selling a 40 summicron C and is pushing it as a ultra rare
collectible! Too silly for words.<<<

John,
"Rare" has become nothing but a buzzword on eBay. I've seen some camera
variants that are MORE common touted as "rare" versions, and some
common-as-dirt items called "rare" ("Very rare collectible! Pentax
SCREWMOUNT 50mm f/1.4 Super-Takumar!" Yeah, right).

"Silly" the is the right word, all right. _Caveat emptor_!

- --Mike