Subject: Re: [Leica] apx 25
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:30:17 +0100

Well, you have to start somewhere, so why do not start with Xtol as a
developer and try to find the suitable film (as was suggested by somebody
else here some weeks ago). This developer has the advantage that it lets
you shoot at (at least) twice the nominal iso value and still get excellent
tonal values. Grain is very fine and sharpness is excellent, but not with
all films. The following times are for a small tank with Xtol diluted 1+1,
(I find this dilution increases sharpness), with agitation during the first
30 secs, and then 10 secs every minute. Agitate gently, do not shake the
tank, and make sure your temperature does not vary too much from 68°F.

For APX 25 exposed at 50 iso develop for 8 min , and you may also want to try
Delta 100 exposed at 200 iso and developed for 13 mins.

I use Ilfostop and Ilford's Hypam both for film and paper with dilution and
times as per the instructions that come with the product. For Xtol I refer
to the information on Kodak's web page, but I add 15% to the development
times stated there, and I make sure I alsway use at leasst 150 ml stock
solution per film, irrespective of the dilution I use.

Good luck