Subject: Re: [Leica] Ken's Bessa R sighting
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:07:45 -0800

More Bessa R info.

I received a mail from a friend who actually had a chance to
handle/fondle it.

The viewfinder is 1.0x, thus the rangefinder base length is somewhere in
the mid 30mm.  It is longer than CL or even CLE, but falls short that of
0.72x M bodies, and also Konica Hexar.

http://www.cameraguild.co.jp/hospital/MAIN/B/BESSA-R_frm.html

As Tom, who I suppose had actually seen a prototype during his last trip
to Japan, wrote,  there will be a new "Color-Skopar" 1:2.5/35 lens.  It
will be a pancake lens, protruding only a centimetre or so from the
flange.

The recent renaissance of LTM lenses and bodies, as well as introduction
of a new non-Leica M body is very exciting.

Rumours about new Nikon rangefinders are everywhere, but they are often
conflicting.  Time will tell.

Ken Iisaka kiisaka@pacbell.net
Lost in Mill Valley in Marin County, California