Subject: Re: [Leica] Print Drydown
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 20:58:04 -0800

Mike Durling wrote:

> Hey Luggers:
>
> A week or so ago we had a thread going on the density changes that happen to
> prints between when the light goes on over the fixer and when the print is
> dry.  Several people offered some suggestions which I said I would try and
> report back.  I made a few prints this week, and I was able to make some
> observations.
>
> I have a small fluorescent fixture about two feet over the fixer

A fluorescent fixture in the darkroom is problematical.
I think AA tells us not to use them...
because when you turn them off they keep glowing.
bummer!!!!
Mark Rabiner
Also for me is the brighteners in the paper kind of glow whiter than white.
If the print would be viewed wtih fluorescent lights that might correlate.
But for me it ends up to be just another reason why ones prints get printed down
too much!

"close the door... the light stays on!!!"