Subject: [Leica] Re: Question re. R lenses
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 09:06:46 -0800

All metering must be done while the lens is physically stopped down.
Otherwise, there are no restrictions. It takes practice to hold the DOF
preview lever down while trying to photograph in the A mode. You must
simultaneously push the shutter release part way down to keep the shutter
speed from "A"utomatically changing when you release the DOF lever. The M
mode is much easier. Just pull the lever to take a reading and set the
shutter/aperture. Then release and photograph.

Jim