Subject: Re: [Leica] Using the 24/2.8 Elmarit-M ASPH
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 09:59:14 +0100

Paul,

The 24mm Elmarit is one of the great lenses in the M lineup. I have it and love
it. Some people complain about the price of the finder and the fact that it is
plastic, but I really cannot imagine not using it. Yes, it is expensive, yes it
is plastic, but the optical quality is excellent, and what is the use of a wide
angle lens if you do not know what you are getting in the picture at the edges?

One thing about this finder: if you later decide to go even wider, to the 21mm
lens, then you can still use the 24mm finder. All you have to do is ignore the
framelines in it.

Nathan

Paul Fjelstad wrote:

> I'm strongly tempted to go a bit wider than I've gone as of yet with my M6s,
> and the Elmarit 24/2.8 ASPH looks _really_ nice.
>
> I'm wondering how those of you who have it use it. Do you employ the
> optional finder, or just guess at the degree to which it extends its capture
> beyond the 28mm lines (I assume those are the ones that are active)? I've
> never used a lens this wide except with an SLR, where the coverage is
> apparent, but is sure looks like it would be fun with an M!

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium