Subject: [Leica] Uhhhh...mail-order?
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 13:20:12 +0000

George H.: >>>Tough to do ;)  In Canada, dealers have TXP. It's hard to
get ahold of TX 400 in 120 format.  I haven't been able to find any.  If
I could, I'd like to try both on the same subjects and process the film
the same way to see how they compare in practice.  Has anyone had the
chance to do such a test? It might be nice to give this a try.<<<

Dan C.: >>>I had the same problem; the salesman at my local store gave
me a blank stare when I asked for TX in 120 format.   So I bought 5
rolls of the TXP version, hoping that it is similar enough to the 35mm
tri-x I am familar with.<<<

C'mon.

I'm going to assume both you guys have mail delivery where you live, and
that you both qualify for credit cards. Step 1: call 1-800-947-9981
(212-444-6669 if you live in an area that doesn't support U.S.
800-numbers) (both these numbers are for the order department of B&H
Photo-Video, BTW). Step 2: following the interminable
touchtone-phone-key prompts to the film department. Step 3: give the
nice man your credit-card info and address, etc., when he asks you for
them. Step 4: request the actual film you actually want. Step 5: postman
brings TX 400 120 right to your door!

;-)

It's a nice system, especially with something like film that you want to
be fresh. God forbid you find the one dealer in Northern Alberta (I have
no idea what I'm talking about with regard to Canadian place-names, so
please don't bust my chops) who's had Tri-X 400 in 120 format on his
shelves since the Trudeau administration.

Order more than a few rolls, and it'll be cheaper, too.

- --Mike