Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica lens question (135mm 2.8 -M)
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:02:39 EST

It is a good lens.  It is somewhat difficult to use with the M since the size
of the image in the viewfinder is so small but it is quite usable.  As far as
the lens itself, I find it to be a fine lens.   It does not have quite the
contrast or resolution as my Canon 135 2.0, but it is close.   The
differences are only of concern to one who is really picky.

Tom Shea

<<
 So . . . what's the deal with the 2.8? What is the general opinion of this
 lens. Is it worthy of the Leica name? (I get the sense that it isn't
 completely up to par with the classics) Is it a performer? Sharp? Contrasty?
 Does it produce pleasing images? >>