Subject: Re: [Leica] Sensiometry
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 23:15:56 EST

<<o, can anyone recommend a good book on these subjects?  A single volume,
please>>

Martin,

I unfortunately don't know of a single book that cover exposure of film
through printing in great detail.  The closest one I can think of is Ctein's
" Post Exposure" ( Mike Johnston, how do you pronounce his name?) For film
exposure and development I suggest looking at Carson Graves "The Zone System
for 35mm Photographers".  It covers calibrating your film exposure and
development system without the use of instruments.  If you want to go the
densitometer route Phil Davis's "Beyond the Zone System" is excellent.  Ansel
Adams' books are good.  Maybe your library at the university has some of
these?  I think it is very important to get your processes under control, so
you can get your cameras to do what you want, when you want.  Good luck.

Richard Wasserman