Subject: developers, was: RE: [Leica] All hail Tri-X
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 21:32:32 -0500

TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> the balance is
> done in whatever developer is my current fancy (at the moment PMK and MCM
> 1000 as well as one of the old Catechol based developers from an
> old British
> Journal of Photography).

	Out of curiosity, what are the main differences you find between PMK and
the Catechol developers? and between MCM 100 and the BJ formula?

	The old Super XX film has been revived as Bergger BPF 200 which soaks up
the Pyro dye. I don't think it is available in 135 format though. The
Catechol based developers look interesting though I'm interested to hear
from someone who uses both where each has its advantages. There's also this
idea of adding Vitamin C to pyrocachetin and I imagine that that is what
this DiXactol stuff is but I've not tried it (I believe the formula is
proprietary). Has anyone used this stuff?

Jonathan Borden