Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V14 #45
From: Steve Huntley <shuntley@interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 19:54:16 -0600

I'm new to the group, so sorry my first comment is somewhat negative.  Those of you mourning the demise of the Minilux are regretting the end of production of the wrong camera. The Minilux and other current Leica p&s models all have the same flaw: You depress the shutter button, the camera
stores the exposure information and STORES the focus but does NOT actually focus until you depress the shutter button all the way--creating a delay that makes the cameras not very useful for anything but static poses.  The now defunct Mini III, on the other hand, actually focuses the lens on the
initial slight depression of the shutter button so that when you actually take the picture there is no delay.  HCB armed with a Minilux might find himself recording the moment after the decisive moment.  I am a M6 user but have a Mini III I carry when I can't carry the M6. It has a sharp lens
and a sensitive meter, more sensitive than its 1/6 slowest shutter speed would indicate. No camera with the Leica Red Dot should have that exposure delay!
    The digest is great reading. Thx.
       Steve