Subject: RE: [Leica] All hail Tri-X
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:16:37 -0000

> And I use Delta. Tri-X is a nice film to hide one's incompetence at
> exposing the film correctly. And then it hides one's inability at
> correctly processing the film. If one would be capable of work within
> tighter tolerances, one could and should use some more modern
> emulsions.

Well, Bernard, aren't you just "special," as "Church Lady" used to say. I
never knew that serious photography involved picking the least forgiving
film and using it in order to prove what a hot shot you are at nailing
exposures and developing time, as opposed to using the film whose "look" you
liked best, the film which you knew was most likely to capture the image no
matter what - because, after all, isn't the image what counts?

But it's nice to know that we have someone on this list whose technical
skills are so much better than those of most of the photographer-icons of
our age, who of course use Tri-X because they're such boobs they need a
crappy film that will at least allow them to get a printable image when they
screw up the exposure...