Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF - initial impressions
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 15:32:42 +0100

At 11:03 AM +0100 1/1/00, Sander van Hulsenbeek wrote:
>Hans Pahlen wrote
>
>>There was a test in the latest German Fotomagazin. Leica M lenses would not
>focus correctly on their >sample, and the Hexar lens did not focus correctly
>on the M6, not even at F/4.0.
>>Konica's answer was that the Fotomagazin had tested a preproduction Hexar
>body.
>>I say: -You'd better try your M-lenses before committing yourselves to the
>Konica Hexar!
>
>The Dutch Camera Magazine had the same experience. Same preproduction model
>or
>something really to check? One would indeed say: Beware!

Hans and Sander,

Konica is obstinate in claiming that the KM mount is their "original"
probably for legal reasons.  They never guarantee proper function of Leica
lenses on the Hexar RF and vice versa.  However, as far as I have heard from
those who alreadly used Hexar RF in Japan, they have no problems in fucusing
Leica lenses (e.g., Summicron 50mm at f2) on the Hexar.

Cheers,

Mikiro
Strasbourg