Subject: [Leica] Films for Y2K
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:00:32 +0000

>>>I'm even wondering if I should use Delta 3200 @
EI=1000 as my standard film.<<<

Not with a camera that only goes up to 1/1000th in shutter speeds...but
try that film with Ilford's new DDX and also Xtol. Nice comparison, and
what a nice film.

BTW I have nothing at all against HP-5 Plus. It's an excellent film and
more people should try it.

One more thing I want to say about Tri-X, however, is that you MUST use
a diffusion enlarger to get the best from it. It looked pretty terrible
printed with my old Leica IIc enlarger, for instance.

- --Mike