Subject: Re: [Leica] All hail Tri-X (or is it still top dog?)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:41:23 -0800

Dan S wrote:

> It's like a search for the holy grail to find a shop with a selection of
> Fuji B&W films.
>
> I recently purchased a roll of APX25, and am looking forward to the results.
>   I have never been satisfied with Tech Pan as a working film.  It is just
> to finicky to develope.
>
> I am comforted by the fact the TRI-X is Y2k compliant.  I am not sure about
> your more modern stuff:)
>
><Snip>
I am like you I think of APX25 as the ultimate. I don't like the red
hypersensitivity of the Tech pan and it's reliance of it's proprietary developer
plus other glitches. APX25 you can use for people and use it in Rodinal, Xtol, Pyro.....
But now with Xtol I feel I get APX25 quality with Delta 100. But I hope the keep
still making the stuff!
Mark Rabiner