Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 mm Telyt & Novoflex reflex housing
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:52:19 -0500

At 07:42 AM 12/29/1999 -0500, Robert Marvin wrote:
>I'm thinking of bidding on a user Telyt on Ebay. The lens is advertised as
>working on o Visoflex I without an adaptor. AFAIK the Novoflex reflex
>housing I use with my IIIf has the same extension as a Viso I and should
>work, but i'm not sure. Does anyone have any experience with a similar
>combination?

Hmm.  I believe Novoflex lenses have an optical registration of 10cm, so an
adapter would be required for either the PLOOT/Visoflex I or the Novoflex
reflex housing, but I am not certain whether the Novoflex housing shares
the 62.5mm depth of the PLOOT/Viso I.  I'll pull mine (I have both of the
Novoflex housings for Leica TM/M and Contax RF, as well as three PLOOT's
and both versions of the Visoflex I) to compare them, when I have a chance.

The Novoflex lens is quite good, incidentally.  The early ones were from
Steinheil and the later from Dr Staeble Opticische-Werke, and both types
are excellent user lenses.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!