Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Sander's bo-ke test
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:02:57 GMT

On a related note, the middle apertures seem to be where you can really see
differences in background out of focus areas.

Take a look at a Zeiss Planar f1.4, compared to a Summicron M, both set at
f4, with lots of pinpoint bright highlights in the background.

You will be amazed at the "clarity" of the aperture blades in the
Planar...VERY ANNOYING!  At full aperture nearly all lenses have round out
of focus areas.  Stop down a bit and it's a different story!

Good to see you back,
Dan States
Chicago Illinois.