Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding photos? blech, i feel like a retired dentist!
From: "Johannes A Dykstra" <hans.mieke@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:28:30 +1100

Kyle, at the end of your wedding site I found the words "Travel light and
stay out of the real photographer's way".  Couldn't agree more.  At my
cousin's wedding I very nearly ended up traveling lighter than I started.
Us guests were transported to the chapel through Melbourne's picturesque
mountains on a restored narrow gauge steam railway, called Puffing Billy.
My 18 month old son was very much taken by this train, as was I as a child
(and still).  As I was holding him sitting on the broad, glass-less
windowledge, legs hanging over the side, the lens cap on my 50 'cron fell
off and bounced along the ledge.  My left hand shot away from my son's side
and slapped down on the lens cap before it toppled off into the forest we
were slowly rattling through.  I would have gone back and found it - I'm
like that.  If I'd dropped my son, I would have found my head next to the
lens cap, courtesy of my wife, or one of my sisters, or some other
relative - they're like that.

I liked your photo of what I imagine to be the groom and his mother, a slow
synch flash shot.  Very nice.  Didn't see any barfing brides though.  I'm
sure you don't really get invited to weddings like that!

Regards

Rick Dykstra