Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica prices
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:04:26 -0500

Bryan Caldwell wrote:

> >> Am I missing something here?
> Is passport worth the $200 or so?<<
>
> Not if you already have homeowner's or other insurance that will cover your
> camera. Check with your agent. Coverage of this type will insure for theft
> and fire - not covered by Passport.
>
> Bryan

Bryan,

One of the nice things about Passport is that if the camera needs any
warranty work during its validation Leica will do it at no charge. My M6
needed the rangefinder vertical alignment adjusted before I went to
France in September. Also, I wanted the meter checked since this was an
important trip. And, of course, I had the broken frame counter replaced.
Leica service did the adjustment and had the camera turned around in
under one week.

This doesn't even include Passport's provision for replacement of a
destroyed camera (or lens) if you can provide Leica with the
identifiable remains.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/