Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica prices
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:19:35 +0100

Arthur Leyenberger wrote:

> Why is this the case? I assume Leica prohibits dealers
> from discounting. True?

I believe that if this were the case, it would constitute illegal RPM
(retail price maintenance), but perhaps some of the lawyers on the list
can enlighten us on the latest developments in U.S. antitrust law.

In any event, looking at the prices advertised by the dealers here on
the LUG, I do not get the impression that prices are the same
everywhere.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman