Subject: RE: [Leica] Light box
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:37:39 -0800

I've had one of those little Visual Plus boxes for 4 years or so and they
are great.  It's especially useful when going to meetings with an editor.
At MSNBC, sometimes a lightbox isn't readily available or you're in a
meeting room.  It's nice to be able to whip that little light box out of
your satchel along with a Leica Loupe (of course) so they can look at slides
in a pinch.  The 9v battery doesn't last very long, though.

But I find the light it gives off a little on the cold side.  It's
positively blue compared to my regular light table -- a Just Normlight Mini
5000.  Incicentally, the Just Normlight is a great product.  I compared
several in person and it seemed the best all around.

- --Jim Laurel