Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAD?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:28:44 EST

In a message dated 12/28/99 5:21:29 PM, jimbrick@photoaccess.com writes:

<< The picture-a-day is an interesting concept. Jim Brandenburg (world famous
nature/wildlife/Geographic photographer) did just this, in the Minnesota
wilderness (near where he lives) and both the National Geographic and a
book publisher published his chronological photographs.

Jim's picture-a-day was exactly that. "One" 35mm frame each day. Nothing
more, nothing less. Starting in the autumn solstice and ending on the
winter solstice. When he came out, he had used 2-1/2 rolls of film. 90 frames.

Jim explains why he needed to do this, in the book. The photographs, for
the most part, are very good. Some really good, some OK. But under the
constraints, I don't believe I could have done as well. >>

Personally, I thought the project was stunning. There were no clunkers in the
take from what I could tell. Some of the images were awesome. Truly an epic
project.

Bob