Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Non-Leica but historically significant
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:21:47 -0800

I had the same reaction. I thought that most of Smith's artifacts (including
whatever cameras he still owned at the time of his death) had been bundled
up and donated to the Center for Creative Photography at the UofA in Tucson.
And the "documentation" posted on the ebay Web site was less than
convincing, even the parts that were legible. If anyone has Jim Hughes'
address (author of Smith's biography and, if I recall, executor of his
estate), it might be worth dropping him a line. He's now a columnist for
Camera Arts magazine. Or a phone call to the CCP might not go astray.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.