Subject: RE: [Leica] Decisions, decisions (on topic)
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@wt.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 19:26:41 -0500

Thank you to everyone who offered me advice on the subject of whether I
should part with some of my equipment or not.

However, the decision was made for me.  :-/

When I broached the possible sale of *any* of the gear to my wonderful wife,
the chill could be felt all the way to Ted's area in Newfoundland.  So...

Now I'm faced with the dilemma of what wide-angle lens to get for both the
IIIf and M3, and far less funds with which to do it.  I have an LTM to M
adapter, so I can get an LTM lens and use it on both.  I already have a
Xenon 50mm for the IIIf and a 35mm Summaron for the M3 (also two 50s and a
135 for the M).

I've been tossing up the notion of buying older Leica LTM glass, but am
tempted by the new Voigtlander lenses and the benefits they have to offer.
Has anyone used the Heliar, Skopar or Ultron enough to compare them
objectively against the older Leica LTM glass?  I've already looked at
Erwin's site and dug through the LUG archives; everything I found appeared
to compare them against the latest Solms offerings, which are too rich for
my blood at this time.

Thanks in advance,

/Mitch