Subject: Re: [Leica] Forsale and WTB on the LUG
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:03:27 -0500

At 02:51 PM 12/24/1999 -0500, Bill Campbell wrote:

>I would like to purpose a "rules change", in that WTB ads, and
>non-commercial FS ads, be allowed, and encouraged on any day.

Well, first, we don't "vote" on rules changes:  this proposal should be
directed to the List Owner, Brian Reid, as a subscription mailing list is a
"genial dictatorship" and he is the one to convince.

But, in any event, while Patrick Sobalvaro did propose a "Friday only"
policy some years back, this was never formally adopted.  It IS a salutary
policy, in my mind, but the call is Brian's, not ours, and he is the one
with whom you should be discussing this issue.

I did institute, and do enforce, a Friday-only policy on the Rollei List
and feel it keeps the List concentrated on the discussion of photography
and camera gear, though the last several weeks have seen some protracted
off-topic discussions for the all of it.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!