Subject: [Leica] a Christmas song....problem with future film to eliminate flash
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:48:11 -0500

Sung to the tune of well..... you can figure this one out (even if you have
your two front teeth...)

All I want for Christmas is a Noctilux.... a Noctilux.... yes a Noctilux...
If all I got for Christmas was a Noctilux.....

Then I would have a merry Christmas...

On the other hand a 10x faster film with the grain, color and sharpenss of
100 ASA would be 1,424,000 ASA.... how are you going to set the meter on
your M-6 or any existing camera and what would you need a Noctilux for...

The need for a "twinkie" flash (as Ted would call it) will never be
completely eliminated as long as bad direct overhead lighting and multiple
flavored room lighting exists.... Fill flash will always have it uses...

Duane Birkey

http://members.tripod.com/~Duane_BIrkey/index.html
(recently updated with a few images of Ecuador's active volcano Tungurahua)