Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Spin the ring
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:45:25 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> I hate passing on anecdotes when I cannot remember the name of the
> photographer conerned (I guess not enough to stop me) but perhaps someone
> will have heard the same story and can supply her name. It was during the
> depression and a noted FSA photographer was asked how she got such perfectly
> exposed negs every time! Her never fail technique was to start at one end of
> the shutter speed dial and work through every aperture at every speed
> setting. Does anyone have a Leica 72 they would not mind lending me so I can
> try this?
>
> John Collier

I just got an photo invitation from a guy who set up a backdrop in his basement
and bought a pricey strobe but was too chinsey to get a flash meter.
So he spin the ring and got the shot. There was no educated guess. And not a bad shot.
But we convinced him to finally get a flash meter though. They've gotten cheap enough.
I had to slyly tell in he was in a "special Category of being the only "guy"
with a $3000 studio strobe somehow using it without a meter.
Mark Rabiner