Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally OT: Buzz's Know-Nothing Tax Rant
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:02:21 -0800

>>Not one word of the Constitution has changed in over 200 years. <<

Simply not true. The Constitution as originally adopted called for state
legislatures to elect Senators - changed in 1913; it provided that Congress
could not prohibit the imporation of slaves - changed; it provided for a
method of Presidential and Vice Presidential election that has been changed;
it contained the fugitive-slave clause - eliminated in 1865; and it
prohibited amendments that would prohibit slavery prior to 1808. All of
these have been specific changes to the text - not matters of
interpretation - of the originally adopted constitution.

Check your facts.

Bryan