Subject: Re: [Leica] SF Moon rise
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:13:47 -0700

Greg Locke wrote:

> At 10:26 AM 21/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>
> > I will be going to the Golden Gate ferry pier, right behind the
> > Gabbiano's restaurant for the moonrise.  From this angle, you will
> > see the moon above the Bay Bridge.  Tomorrow night, I will try going
> > to Marin Headlands.
> >
> > I am armed with an M6HM (with Rapidwinder) and Elmarit 90mm, as well
> > as, ahem, a Nikon F3/T with a 180mm lens.  I have my trusty Leica
> > tabletop tripod in my chest pocket.
> >

> SIGH! The sun is starting to go down here now but I won't be doing any
> moon shots tonight. Solid overcast and SNOW!!!!

It was no different in Boulder, but I'll soon be enjoying some of that
balmy Bay Area weather when I visit family for the holidays. Ahh,
there's nothing like hearing folks complain how they're freezing--and
it's almost 50 degrees outside ;-)

By the way, the gibbous and crescent phases of the moon can be
especially dazzling at higher magnifications; it's like the difference
between shooting during "magic hour" and high noon!

- --

Jeff
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado