Subject: Re: [Leica] Incident light: A Question
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:57:30 -0800

csocolow wrote:
><Snip>
> Generally, I use the onboard meter of my M6 or try to guesstimate
> exposures. But I've found when using the L-308BII that I tend to get
> underexposed transparencies; usually in the range of 1/3 to 1/2 stop.
> Since it's new I called Sekonic service and they said to send it to them
> to check.><Snip>

First just go out right now and look at a shot and take a reading with the
L-308BII and see if it agrees with the reading you get with your M6 meter/s.
As one is incident and one is reflective your manner of interpreting your
readings are being looked at.
My meters in my M6's are my reference point. I use and trust them the most. The
readings on my Minolta Spot meter F match them exactly every time they are in
effect calibrated to year other. If the batteries go out in my M6's and I finish
the roll with the Minolta meter it will look the same.
The readings I get from My compact Gossen Luna pro digital however are
predictably a stop less which is what I have learned to expect as normal from a
hand held meter: the read a stop less than an in camera meter. No flash readings
with that meter darn it.
Mark Rabiner
37 minutes to the full moon. This is good practice for the millennium!