Subject: Re: [Leica] For black paint fetishists...
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:30:36 EST

In a message dated 12/20/99 12:55:28 PM, dcardish@microtec.net writes:

>Personally speaking, I wouldn't pay even half the standard M6 price for
>this camera, with the rewind crank the way it is.  Makes no sense to me
>at
>all.  However as they say, different strokes for different folks.

Do you suppose they are using the old drop-in take-up spool from the M3 and
M2? I sure hope so. After all, if you are going to bring back a 40 year old
rewind knob, why not go all the way? Do we need more proof that Leica's bread
and butter customers are something other than "shooters"? Who does this
appeal to? Collectors, traditional Leicafiles, well-heeled photo hobbyists
with a taste for something unique? Perhaps, but I agree with you. It makes
little sense to photographers.

Bob (who's in the process of buying an M3 with the same remind knob) McEowen