Subject: RE: [Leica] [Leica} Tri-Elmar and zoom
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:14:43 -0800

Nathan,

HCB used a Zeiss lens (Sonnar 50mm F1.5) for some time on his Leica camera
as he wanted the fastest lens available.  This was in large due to the
slower films of the day.  With faster films and a Tri-Elmar he may have been
happy to use that combination had they been available to him some 40 to 50
years ago.

Peter K