Subject: [Leica] Moon Brightness
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:35:13 -0500

At 04:09 AM 12/20/1999 +0000, Michael D. Turner wrote:
>Perhaps, Marc, you are not aware of the the following, from the originally
>cited posting:

Of course, I am aware of it.  The message was posted to every one of the
dozen or so subscription lists I belong to.  But it STILL isn't true:  it
is a rehashing of a misleading statement contained in that fount of
astronomical lore, THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC.

SKY AND TELESCOPE, the standard American astronomical magazine, has been
putting out a countervaling message which explains why the events of 22nd
December next are in no way extraordinary.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!