Subject: Re: LUG[Leica] Extreme Low Light Color --> Mr Puts
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 08:44:56 -0800

sometime around 12/19/99 4:22 AM, Andre Jean Quintal at megamax@abacom.com
was heard  to write:

Andre;

> --> In France, they swear by it.
> Question: Does the image quality degrade at higher E.I.s?

Of course. There is no free lunch. If you expect Kodachrome quality, you
will be disappointed. But that's life. You will be amazed with what that
film can do. Much more impressive than I would have thought.

> Do you use a Kodak Gray card frame to calibrate a roll
> for your film processor when using E.I. 3200 ?
> If you step back a meter or so, at E. I. 3200, does the grain,
> acutance, (loss of) color fidelity remain acceptable
> or is it obscene, at 11" x 14" on glossy paper?

No, I don't need pictures of gray cards. :-)

I've always processed my own film, so I know what it's going to do. Find a
good, consistent processor, and don't worry about it. This isn't wedding
photography where the white dress has to match from print to print.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

"You can't cajole someone into loving you by simply being nice to be
around." - Garrison Keillor - As heard on "A Prairie Home Companion"