Subject: Re: [Leica] UK Bag Prices
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 21:46:49 +0100

Bob,
high prices there. There is a lot of variation in prices of stuff among
the 11 Euro countries.
buy photo equipment, whether you are talking Leica or Japanese point-and-shoots.
Given the current strength of the pound and the fact that taxes and other
costs of doing business are lower in the UK than on the Continent, the
only possible conclusion is that the UK importers of Leica and the Japanese
brands enjoy much fatter profit margins than their European counterparts.
There is a short article on this in the latest issue of AP; a price comparison
was done, using the Olympus Mju2 as an example. Price in the UK: 150 GBP,
by far the highest anywhere (the price in Belgium was 108.50 GBP). I simply
do not understand why British consumers put up with this, given the ease
with which they can pop over to France to buy stuff (as they already do
with booze and fags) or order online.
just bought a Domke 803 for an M6 outfit and I think it's great - but there's
a hell of a price difference between the UK and the USA.&nbsp; Just another