Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 dilema -- also ? about rangefinder adjustment
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:34:08 -0500

I've done a fair amount of business with Le over the years, and have always
found him to be a decent and honourable person.  I'd suggest you discuss it
directly with him and see what he proposes.

The mount problem is not a major matter and can readily be rectified, as
can the vertical misalignment of the RF image -- in fact, you can do this
yourself in under ten minutes.

I find the lack of a VF pre-selector MOST disturbing, as these were added
from 785,801 onwards.  I would certainly, at the very least, demand a
rebate of some sort from Le.  (There is a possibility of a bogus serial
number of some sort here, so I'd think seriously about sending it back for
a full refund on this point alone.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!